Winter Veg & Feta Strudel
Try this simple and deliciously festive veggie dish this winter. Great as a Christmas main if you’re looking for something to inspire your veggie guests, or makes an ideal family super when the leftover turkey gets too much!
- 4 x sheets filo pastry
- 150g crumbled feta
- 150g roughly chopped and roasted butternut squash
- 100g roasted and roughly chopped beetroot
- 100g spinach
- 100g roughly chopped and roasted celeriac
- 100g roasted and sliced mixed peppers
- 1 tbsp each of chopped parsley, mint and chives
- Melted clarified butter
- Lay out filo sheets overlapping each other staggered upwards and brush with butter.
- Lay all the ingredients evenly on the filo sheets, leaving 6cm from the bottom and top and 2cm from the sides.
- Roll up the strudel then rest in fridge for an hour before cutting into individual portions.
- Brush with butter then cook for 30 mins at 180°C until the pastry is golden brown.
- 1 x large tin tomatoes
- 1 x onion, diced
- 2 x cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 x red peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 30ml olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 x tsp oregano
- Heat the oil in the pan and cook the onions for around 5 mins.
- Add the garlic and peppers and cook for a further 3 mins before adding the tinned tomatoes and oregano.
- Cook for a further 20 mins and then blend smooth.
- Finely diced aubergine, mixed peppers & courgette
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Finely dice equal quantities of the vegetables, toss in olive oil and roast for 10 – 15 minutes in the oven at 200°C
- Pour some of the sauce over 4 large plates then place the strudel, hot from the oven, onto the sauce. Scatter over the ratatouille vegetables and serve with sweet pea shoots or your favourite salad.